Friday, May 13, 2011

Something you will miss.....

Carston and Karys there is someone very special in mommy's life, that you didn't have the opportunity to meet.  There are a lot of wonderful things you are missing out on but thankfully God planted little seeds all around you to provide a glimpse...


* She had beautiful curly blond hair...Carston your hair has the same beautiful curls...or crazy curls!
* Blue eyes...look in the mirror and you both can catch a glimpse of what they looked like.
* Her quiet voice...mommy has the same one and just like MeMaw is ALWAYS told talk louder!
* She was a great cook and always told me to watch and learn...I should have listened but thankfully KiKi did!
* MeMaw loved Christmas movies, in particular Prancer.  I am certain you have already caught glimpses of it because mommy watches it all year round!
* Loved to have a REAL Christmas tree (when we were little we would go cut one down as a family).  Oh how I long for the smell of a fresh cut tree!
* In fact she LOVED Christmas!
* Sweet Tea...Karys you are definitely a fan when I let you sneak a sip!
* Uncle Larry...MeMaw had a wonderful relationship with her brother and they saw each other frequently.  KiKi and I also have a wonderful relationship...I hope that you Carston and Karys will share the same bond.
*At times she gave this wonderfully sassy smirk.  There is still time to perfect it but WOW...Karys are you on your way!
* Cowboys and Country Music....I still love to listen to Classic Country Music it makes my heart happy!

When I look at you both I see glimpses of my mom everyday!  God gave me such a precious gift and wonderful reminder of her in you both!! 

LaJoya Lee Pennington 4/24/49-4/4/96 
                                                                                                              
Skidamarink....

1 comments:

Ashlie said...

Wow! She was beautiful! You look so much like her!!! This post has me sobbing uncontrollably. Seriously, I can't get a grip.